Monday, August 21, 2017

Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders Review

I have been away from this blog for too long! But before I begin with all of my Greece and Armenia posts (so much to write about!), I figured I should quickly do my mini-review for Gardein's Seven Grain Crispy Tenders (Chick'n).
Long story short, Canadian company Gardein discontinued a bunch (17?) of products in Canada, and put out a statement about it. I don't buy mock meats/substitutes very often (see them more as treats and try to make my own instead), but I remember really liking this chick'n option I had at a restaurant once. I didn't realize the chick'n was actually called Seven Grain Crispy Tenders, so when I checked the list of remaining products in Canada, assumed it was not included, and frantically bought a package during a trip to Florida, feeling mischievous.
Exactly how I looked when I spotted the package.
I now realize they are still available in Canada (yay!) but am going to do my review anyway. Long story short round 2: they are so good. I cooked them in a toaster oven rather than in a conventional oven, and followed the directions on the package. They could have been a bit crispier but the taste was so good that I didn't mind. I coupled them with a salad and hmoz, and was in food heaven:
There's a reason so many restaurants use Gardein as their mock meat option, and it was great that the product was also delicious on its own, and not only as a result of a restaurant cooking/seasoning it in a special way. In fact, I chopped a few of the strips and mixed them in a salad once, but they are so delicious, I prefer them on their own so I can really appreciate the flavour.
So if you are looking for a great alternative to chicken (in Canada, too!), make sure to try this option! Here is the nutritional info for those interested:

2 comments:

  1. Travel amazing Technology here .
    Kashmir tour its a amzaing and full of fun post i like it.great post i like it
    Laptop Technology you can join it free.
    Pakistan Traveling wawoooo how is nice post this one i like it. you can join it free.
    Paris Traveling wawoooo how is nice post this one i like it. you can join it free.
    Australia traveling u can also check here its new Technology.
    London Traveling amazing Technology here .

    ReplyDelete